1. Thou shall set writing goals.
2. Thou shall write faithfully, allowing only emergencies to disrupt thy writing time.
3. Thou shall not listen to negative self-talk.
4. Thou shall study thy craft.
5. Thou shall not tell, but show thy story.
6. Thou shall not steal thy neighbor’s writing.
7. Thou shall realize thy manuscript baby may need changing and edit to clean up thy baby.
8. Thou shall celebrate rejections as proof thou art reaching for thy dreams.
9. Thou shall be true to thy heart’s writing desire and not write sparkly vampire stories unless thy heart say it must be so.
10. Thou shall not let thy head get big if thy baby is announced on the New York Times Best-Seller list.